Dr. Deepak K. Johnson is a Senior Gastroenterologist who passed MBBS, MD, and DM with gold medals in multiple subjects. He also was the best outgoing student for MD and won the National level Young scholar award in 2010.
He is a member of Indian Society of Gastroenterology and has published papers in multiple journals.
His areas of expertise include pancreatobiliary diseases, liver disease, and inflammatory bowel disease. His special interests include ERCP and EUS guided interventions.
Awards & Recognitions
- First prize for Golden Jubilee Embryology Quiz at Trivandrum medical college
- Gold medals in Surgery and Ophthalmology during MBBS
- First prize in National AIDS Day Quiz (2010)
- First prize in National Young Scholar Award Quiz for MD trainees (2010)
- Best outgoing student of 2010 MD batch at Trivandrum medical college
- First rank in DM Gastroenterology entrance exam (2010)
- Poster & Oral presentations at multiple regional, state & national level conferences
- Performed first EUS guided pancreatic pseudocyst drainage, Gastric varix coiling & EUS guided liver biopsy in the region
- Member of Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Publications in multiple national & international journals