The Haematopathology Unit works round the clock and caters to the out-patients and in-patients. All abnormal Haematology parameters are counter checked by Pathologists and the reports are released online. We participated in the external Quality Control Assurance Programme from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi & Christian Medical College, Vellore.
The haematopathology laboratory investigations include;
- Routine Blood Counts including Reticulocyte parameters & peripheral films
- Bone Marrow Study of unexplained anaemia, detection of stage IV malignancies, myelomas and leukemias
- Basic Coagulation Tests & detection and suspected case of F VIII deficiency state (Hemophilia) diagnosis [in process of implementation ]
- Testing to aid in diagnosis of haemolytic anaemia such as Osmotic Fragility , HPLC – variant for Hemoglobinopathies [in process of implementation] and Sickle cell test.
In due course of time, we plan to build our current Haematopathology Unit into a facility with provision for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Diagnostics [Including Flow cytometry], Molecular Genetics for Hereditary Coagulation disorders and Hemoglobinopathies.
B) Histopathology and Cytology
The department of pathology provide prompt diagnostic services with precision, accuracy and the results are made online.
Investigations done here are:
- Routine biopsies
- CT/ultrasound guided biopsies
- Special stains in pathology
- Immunohistochemistry services
- Frozen section studies
- Fine needle aspiration cytology
- Ultrasound/CT guided FNACs
- Fluid cytology
- PAP smear test.
- Fetal autopsies
The department functions round the clock services and is a participant in the external quality control programmes of AIIMS, New Delhi and Tata memorial center, Mumbai
- Dr. Ajithakumari K, Professor & HOD
- Sheila Das, Professor
- Elizabeth Joseph, Professor
- Reily Ann Ivan, Associate Professor
- Dahlia Joseph, Assistant Professor
- Mary Raju, Assistant Professor
- Blessy Mary Thomas, Assistant Professor
- Asha P Punnoose, Assistant Professor
- Sany Philip Kaipukasheril, Assistant Professor
- Shalu Thomas, Assistant Professor
- Jiby Soosan Ninan, Tutor