Dr. Sajith Sulaiman is a Senior Consultant Cardiac Anaesthesiologist with vast experience of more than 15 years. He was trained in Anaesthesiology and Critical care from JJM Medical College and Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram. He obtained his graduation from Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore and DM in Cardiac Anaesthesiology from SRMC, Chennai.
He served as Consultant Cardiac Anaesthesiologist in Lourdes Hospital, Kochi and as Associate Consultant Cardiac Anaesthesiologist in King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, where he had exposure to complex congenital heart surgery, heart and lung transplant and ventricular assist devices.
He has many scientific publications in peer-reviewed indexed journals to his credit. His special interests include anaesthetic management and critical care for complex congenital heart surgeries in both paediatric and adult group, ECMO, cardiac transplantation and ventricular assist devices.
- Intraoperative anastomotic site detection and assessment of LIMA-to-LAD anastomosis by epicardial ultrasound in off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting A prospective single-blinded. - Ann Card Anaesth 2010 Sep-Dec; 13(3):231-5.
- Early extubation in tetralogy of Fallot patients after complete repair. - Cardiol Young 2011 Aug 8; 21(4):378-82. Epub 2011 Feb 8.
- Lower Ministernotomy and Fast Tracking for Atrial Septal Defect. - Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 2010 Feb; 18(2):166-9.
- Early Extubation in Ventricular Septal Defect. - J Clinic Experiment Cardiol 1:106. doi:10.4172/2155-9880.1000106.
- The effects of preemptive pregabalin on attenuation of stress response to endotracheal intubation and opioid-sparing effect in patients undergoing off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting. - Ann Card Anaesth 2012 Jan-Mar; 15(1):18-25.
- The effects of dexmedetomidine on attenuation of stress response to endotracheal intubation in patients undergoing elective off-pump artery bypass grafting. - Ann Card Anaesth 2012 Jan-Mar; 15(1):39-43.