Dr. Kannan R Nair is our Senior Adult Cardiothoracic Surgeon, who has trained under the renowned Dr. V V Bashi. He has more than 12 years of experience in Cardiothoracic Surgery and has performed over 8000 surgeries. He is a fellow of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery, a member of the European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons, International Society of Thoracic Surgeons and a life member of the Associations of Surgeons of India.
Areas of Expertise
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting - Beating heart / Total Arterial Grafting
- Valve repair and Replacement (Conventional & minimally invasive )
- Cardiac transplantation and assist device implantation
- Aortic surgeries and Hybrid procedures.
- Thoracic surgery
- Vascular surgery
- Membership of the European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons(EACTS)
- International Member, Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
- Fellow of Indian association of Cardiothoracic surgery(FIACS)
- Life member, Association of Surgeons of India(ASI)
- Aortic root replacement on patients with previous multiple surgeries for Coarctation of Aorta
- Giant Pseudo Aneurysm of the Ascending Aorta Compressing the Liver in a patient with previous Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting.
- Repair of Left Subclavian Artery and Aberrant Right Subclavian Artery Aneurysms.
- Redo coronary artery bypass grafting on beating heart-a MIOT experience
- Three staged hybrid procedure in a patient with aneurysm of ascending arch and descending thoracic and pseudo aneurysm of the abdominal with severe MR & AR
- Early results of endovascular repair of aortic pathologies: MIOT experience in 60 patients
- Early and midterm outcomes after mitral valve repair in rheumatic disease
- Long term outcomes in patients undergoing aortic root replacement with bentall’s technique