MS(General Surgery), DNB (Surgical Gastroenterology), MNAMS (Gastrointestinal Surgery), Gyan Burman Fellowship in Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, FMAS, FIAGES.
Dr Sujith Philip is the most experienced and qualified Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary surgeon in Central Kerala. After having completed his MBBS from Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram with first class and as a gold medal invitee for Surgery, he completed his MS (General Surgery) also from Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram as the Best Outgoing Student of his batch. He then completed his super speciality training in Gastrointestinal Surgery (DNB-Surgical Gastroenterology) from the prestigious Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre , Mumbai . He completed a Fellowship in Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, one of the leading centres in the world for Liver Transplantation. He worked at Breach Candy Hospital (Mumbai), Hinduja Hospital and Research Centre (Mumbai) and later at Medical Trust Hospital (Kochi) before joining Believers Church Medical College Hospital. Along with a skill to heal and spirit to care he believes that healing comes from The Healer.
Field Of Expertise
- Advanced laparoscopic surgeries of liver, gall bladder, pancreas , colon and rectal surgeries.
- Special interest in surgery for gastrointestinal cancers.
- Trained in Bariatric surgery (surgery for weight loss).
- One of the largest number of surgeries done for laparoscopic hernia repairs and Ligasure haemorrhoidectomy (painless surgery for piles).
- Invited as National faculty for International Hepatopancreatobiliary Conference (IHPBA), 2018
- Invited to present papers at an International Conference in France, 2012.
- Invited as faculty for various State conferences
- Number of publications: 8
- Book chapters authored: 1
To view various publications please click here