Nutrition and Dietetics
Diet is an integral part of preventive and curative healthcare management. The department of Nutrition and Dietetics at Believers Church Medical college Hospital provides comprehensive, high quality, evidence –based nutrition and dietetics services to all patient population including neonatal, paediatric, adolescent, and geriatric.
The care process includes nutrition assessment, nutrition diagnosis, nutrition intervention, nutrition monitoring and evaluation.
The nutritional status of each patient is assessed carefully to set an appropriate goal for calories, proteins, carbohydrate, fats and other micronutrients. The nutrition support will be continued until the desired goal is achieved.
Nutrition intervention includes nutrition prescription and therapeutic diets as well as nutrition education and counselling.
- Individual nutrition counselling to both inpatients and outpatients.
- Monitoring malnutrition and implementing strategies to improve an individual’s nutritional status during an inpatient stay.
- Managing patient food service system to provide safe and nutritious food by designing and implementing nutrition policies.
- Nutrition education to patients and family
- One on one nutrition counselling for weight management, diabetes , Cardiac patients, high medical conditions requiring nutrition intervention to aid recovery, lead a healthy lifestyle and achieve specific health related goals
- Nutrition in the Lifecycle
- Nutrition for Health and Fitness
- Medical Nutrition Therapy depending on the individual condition of the patient & the medical disease affecting them, that prescribed maybe different for different medical conditions & our nutritionist are specially trained to advice the patients on the special diet needed
- Paediatric Nutrition Therapy
- Critical Care Nutrition
- Enteral Nutrition
- Parenteral Nutrition
- Speciality Diet Counselling
Monday to Friday: 10am - 4.30pm
Chief Dietitian: Mrs Jyothi S Krishnan(MScNutrition, RD)
Senior Dietitian: Mrs Jijinu J (MSc Nutrition)