'I am blessed to be a woman' is the theme of the BCMCH Women’s Scout. Every day gives wonderful reasons to celebrate women’s day in our lives, but International Women’s Day contributes an extra reason to do so. Women’s Day is celebrated every year on 8th March to dedicate and honour the achievements of women. It is a day to spread awareness among the people regarding women's rights and gender equality. We organized a weeklong celebration packed with events and activities to bring out the different virtues of women.
This year BCMCH women’s scout has resolved to reach out to each and every woman working in our organization, who has relentlessly worked toward the recuperation and healing of mankind during this pandemic.
- Recognizing and honouring our staff members: Leaders and supervisors visited their staff in respective areas of work and distributed pink badges and showed their love and gratitude towards their participation in the success of the institution.
- The Joy of Giving: Our staff members across the hospital showed great zeal, participated whole-heartedly in donating their unused good clothes and fashion accessories, and in the process experienced the joy of giving.
- Free gynaecology consultation and PAP smear test for women in our organization.
- Fundraising for the patient: We organized a food fest for raising funds to support underprivileged patients.
- Morning Devotion: As a part of the celebration of “International Women Day” the BCMCH Women Mandli led the Monday devotion at 8: 00 am at the BCMCH Chapel.