Department of Microbiology has laboratory which caters to the out-patients and in-patients. The laboratory service provided by certified technical staff is supervised by Clinical Microbiologists. Emergency service is provided by the laboratory technician on duty. We ensure accurate and prompt diagnosis of various infections/diseases in the Microbiology laboratory. The reports are released online.
The investigations available in Microbiology are the following
- Bacteriology cultures, identification & antimicrobial susceptibility testing by conventional and automated techniques like BacT Alert and Vitek 2 Compact systems.
- Mycobacteriology (Microscopy & culture)
- Mycology (Microscopy & culture)
- Serological tests such as Widal, Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR), Anti-streptolysin O (ASO) titre, C-reactive protein (CRP) and Rheumatoid factor (RA)
- Hepatitis B surface antigen, HIV & HCV antibodies by CLIA
- Leptospira, Malarial antigen and Dengue antibody by ELISA and rapid methods
- Antinuclear antibody (ANA) and other immunological tests
- Inhalant & food allergen panel by line immune assay
- H pylori antigen detection in stool
- PCR for TB & HBV (TRUNAT)
In house culture, media preparation and quality control are performed routinely. The Department participates in the External Quality Control Scheme by RML and PGIMER (Chandigarh) regularly.
Active participation in Hospital Infection Control Activities by the Department include surveillance activities, antibiotic stewardship, and training programs for Healthcare workers.
Professor & HOD
Dr. Renu Mathew, MD
1. Dr. Marina Thomas, MD
2. Dr. Stephen K Mathew, MD
3. Dr. Tribeni Goswami, MD
4. Dr. Reena Anie Jose, MD
5. Dr. Jennie Ann Johnson Samuel, MD
6. Dr. Sherin Susan Abraham, MD
7. Dr. Anjali Anne Jacob, Ph.D
1. Mrs. Sheena Jose, M.Sc