Department of Microbiology has laboratory which caters to the out-patients and in-patients. The laboratory service provided by certified technical staff is supervised by Clinical Microbiologists. Emergency service is provided by the laboratory technician on duty. We ensure accurate and prompt diagnosis of various infections/diseases in the Microbiology laboratory. The reports are released online.
The investigations available in Microbiology are the following
- Bacteriology cultures, identification & antimicrobial susceptibility testing by conventional and automated techniques like BacT Alert and Vitek 2 Compact systems.
- Mycobacteriology (Microscopy & culture)
- Mycology (Microscopy & culture)
- Serological tests such as Widal, Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR), Anti-streptolysin O (ASO) titre, C-reactive protein (CRP) and Rheumatoid factor (RA)
- Hepatitis B surface antigen, HIV & HCV antibodies
- Leptospira, Malarial antigen and Dengue antibody by ELISA and rapid methods
- Antinuclear antibody (ANA) and other immunological tests by ELISA, ELFA
- Inhalant & food allergen panel by line immune assay
- H pylori antigen detection in stool
In house culture media preparation and quality control are performed routinely. The Department participates in External Quality Control Scheme by IAMM (Indian Academy of Medical Microbiologists) regularly.
Active participation in Hospital Infection Control Activities by the Department include surveillance activities, antibiotic stewardship and training programs for Healthcare workers.
Dr. Renu Mathew, MD
1. Dr. Vipin Sam Alexander, MD
2. Dr. Stephen K Mathew, MD
3. Dr. Tribeni Goswami, MD
4. Dr. Reena Anie Jose, MD
5. Dr. Anjali Anne Jacob, Ph.D
1. Mrs. Sheena Jose, M.Sc