Ever since its inception, Adult Multidisciplinary Critical Care Unit (MDCCU) in BCMCH has established itself as a leading centre delivering Standard Of Care critical care services. A team of internationally trained and well experienced Intensivists in collaboration with expert consultants in the field of Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Neurology, Cardiology, Surgical specialties, Neurosurgery and Trauma facilitate early recovery of critically ill patients.
Our ICU has:
1. Two units, namely MDCCU 1 and MDCCU 2 each comprising of 14 beds.
2. Additional 2 beds for strict ISOLATION.
3. A High dependency unit(HDU) comprising of 7 beds acting as a step down from MDCCU.
4. In house Dialysis facility for maximum of 6 patients at a time
5. Dedicated Ultrasound and ECHO machines for MDCCU for use by Intensivists.
6. State of art Mechanical Ventilators and non invasive CPAP and BIPAP machines fo maximum of 20 patients at a time.
7. Transport ventilators and monitors.
8. 24 X 7 laboratory and radiology services.
Hallmarks of the ICU
1. Round the clock In House Availability of Senior Intensivists delivering Point Of Care ICU services, making immediate institution of life saving intervention possible at the right moment, resulting in significant change in the outcome of the patient.
2. Specialised intensive care nursing team.
3. Protocol driven and evidence based medicine practices.
4. Continuing medical and nursing education programmes to keep health care professionals updated
5. A dedicated bedsore and DVT prevention team.
6. Continuous surviellance by infection control team.
7. Cinical pharmacist team to reduce medication errors
8. Full time paramedical support services.
9. Time to time updates about patient progress by consultant Intensivist
Common Conditions Handled at our ICU
1. Sepsis and Multi organ failure.
2. Acute stroke- thrombolytic services
3. Liver failure management
5. COPD and COPD management
6. Metabolic coma
7. Post surgical care unit
8. Head and spinal Injuries
9. complex polytrauma management
10. Interventional radiology
11. Vascular emergency
12. cardiogenic shock with support devices(IABP)
13. Pulmonary thromboembolism
14. Poisonings and venomous snake and insect bite.