The General Surgery Department can be considered to be the backbone of the Surgical Division of the Hospital. The Department currently consists of four separate units functioning independently, each with their fixed days of out-patient consultation and operation days. Each of the General Surgical units is staffed by well-trained Surgeons, who are capable of treating a wide variety of General Surgical problems, including the latest minimal access (key-hole) procedures. In addition, each of the units have their own special areas of interest, including Breast & Endocrine Surgery, Hepato-biliary Surgery, and Gastro-intestinal Surgery.
Members of the Department provides 24 hour cover for all the surgical emergencies presenting to the Emergency Department of the Hospital and is available for cross consultation from other Specialty units both for in-patients as well as out-patients.
We are in turn supported by a variety of world class ancillary services including Radiology, Lab facilities as well as the most modern and well equipped operation theatres, staffed by well trained personnel.
Paediatric Surgery caters to children from day one to 12 years of age. The team is led by a trained paediatric surgeon, and all congenital and acquired surgical anomalies in children are evaluated and managed. We also provide round-the-clock emergency paediatric surgical services.
TREATMENT AND PROCEDURES
- All major abdominal surgery including laparoscopic surgery
- Surgery for all types of Hernia, both open and laparoscopic
- Surgery for varicose veins
- Wide variety of cancer surgery
- Surgery of the endocrine glands
Services offered in OPD :
- Prenatal evaluation and counselling
- Postnatal assessment
- Evaluation for congenital anomalies
- Paediatric radiology services
- Minor outpatient procedures like tongue tie release, anal and urethral dilatation, wound suturing
- Neonatal surgery – Surgical correction of most of the congenital anomalies like congenital diaphragmatic hernia, intestinal obstruction, intestinal atresias, anorectal malformations are carried out along with the able support of the Neonatology department
- Paediatric general surgery – The procedures carried out include inguinal hernia repair, umbilical hernia repair, hydrocele surgery, circumcision, surgery for undescended testis
- Paediatric urology – a wide range of paediatric urological anomalies like pelviureteric junction obstruction, posterior urethral valve, vesicoureteric reflux, hypospadias are evaluated and surgical correction offered
- Paediatric minimally invasive surgery – minimally invasive surgery is offered for appendicitis, undescended testis
- Emergency procedures – Ultrasound guided hydrostatic reduction of acute intussusception, surgery for acute appendicitis, acute scrotum
Out Patient Department Timings
MONDAY TO FRIDAY08:00 am to 4:30 pm
Files can be taken out at the reception from 06:00 am to 12:30 pm
Advance booking can be done on all days
SATURDAY08:00 am to 01:00 pm
Walk-in from 06:00 am onwards
- Monday to Saturday Consultants will be on rounds attending to inpatients from 08:00 am till 10 am
- After OPD Timings, Full Time Surgical Consultants are available on all days
NO OPD - 24X7 Surgical Team Availability
+91-469-2703100 / 101 *1046