Pulmonology is the branch of Medicine which deals with the care of patients with diseases of the lung and disorders in the function of breathing.
The aim of the Pulmonology Department at Believers Church Medical College is to deliver effective and high quality health services to our patients, to act to improve the health of our population and to do everything we can to address the wider social determinants of health which cause health inequalities in a Christian Manner.
The diseases that we take care of at this department are Bronchial Asthma, Chronic obstructive airway disease, Assessment of the Breathless Patient, Assessment of the patient with chronic cough, Pneumonia, Bronchiectasis, Lung abscesses, Pulmonary fibrosis, Tuberculosis, Lung Cancers, Pleural effusions, Pneumothorax, ARDS, Ventilators disorders and Respiratory failure.
- Relevant blood testing for patients with respiratory diseases.
- Lung function tests.
- 6-minute walk test.
- Blood gas analysis.
- Sleep studies.
- Oxygen assessment studies.
- Brochoscopy ( with Broncho Alveolar Lavage, Fine Needle Aaspiration Cytology, Bronchial Brushings, Washing, Biopsy, TransBronchial Needle Aspiration, Trans Bronchial Lung Biopsy.)
- Thoracoscopy: Biopsy, Pleurodesis, Lysis of pleural adhesion.
- CT Scans of the Lung and USG guided FNAC and Biopsy
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Out Patient Department Timings
Monday, Tuesday, and Friday08:00am to 4:30pm
Files can be taken out at the reception from 06:00 am to 12:30 pm
Advance booking can be done except on all days
08:00am to 02:00 pm
Wednesday and Thursday
Bronchoscopy and Thoracoscopy
02:15pm to 04:30 pm
Saturday08:00am to 01:00pm
Walk in from 06:00 am onwards
Monday to Saturday - Consultants will be on rounds attending to inpatients from 08:00 am till 10am
Sunday No OPD Service,
24X7 Emergency Services via Emergency Department.