MS, MCH (Adult Cardiac Surgery)
Dr. Kannan R Nair is our Senior Adult Cardiothoracic Surgeon, who has trained under the renowned Dr. V V Bashi. He has more than 12 years of experience in Cardiothoracic Surgery and has performed over 8000 surgeries. He is a fellow of the Indian Association of Cardiothoracic Surgery, a member of the European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons, International Society of Thoracic Surgeons and a life member of the Associations of Surgeons of India.
Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting - Beating heart / Total Arterial Grafting
Valve repair and Replacement (Conventional & minimally invasive )
Cardiac transplantation and assist device implantation
Aortic surgeries and Hybrid procedures.
Membership of the European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons(EACTS)
International Member ,Society of Thoracic surgeons (STS)
Fellow of Indian association of Cardiothoracic surgery(FIACS)
Life member,Association of surgeons of India(ASI)
- Aortic root replacement on patients with previous multiple surgeries for Coarctation of Aorta
- Giant Pseudo Aneurysm of the Ascending Aorta Compressing the Liver in a patient with previous Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting.
- Repair of Left Subclavian Artery and Aberrant Right Subclavian Artery Aneurysms.
- Redo coronary artery bypass grafting on beating heart-a MIOT experience
- Three staged hybrid procedure in a patient with aneurysm of ascending arch and descending thoracic and pseudo aneurysm of the abdominal with severe MR & AR
- Early results of endovascular repair of aortic pathologies: MIOT experience in 60 patients
- Early and midterm outcomes after mitral valve repair in rheumatic disease
- Long term outcomes in patients undergoing aortic root replacement with bentall’s technique