Dr. Jijo Joseph John after finishing his post-graduation in Paediatrics has received specialized training in the management of allergy, asthma and paediatric respiratory disorders, from King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G.S Medical College, Mumbai and C.M.C Vellore. Following this he has worked as an Assistant Professor and established a paediatric respiratory clinic in M.G.M medical college. He has also worked as a Paediatric Pulmonologist in various centres in Mumbai.
He has been part of the BCMCH paediatric team since 2015 and is an Associate Professor who heads the Paediatric Asthma Allergy and Respiratory Clinic in BCMCH which functions on all out patient days and deals with children with acute and chronic lung diseases. He has been trained in pediatric lung function tests, skin tests for allergy, diagnostic and therapeutic bronchoscopy. The bronchoscopy centre in BCMCH is one of the very few in the state which deals with children of all ages. He currently serves as the Vice Dean of Research in BCMCH.
- M.D Paediatrics
- Fellow in Paediatric Respiratory Disorders, King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G.S Medical College, Mumbai
- D.A.A - Diploma in Allergy Asthma and Immunology, C.M.C Vellore
- I.A.P Certificate Course in Paediatric Pulmonology and Bronchoscopy, Kanchi Kamakoti Childs Trust Hospital
- Published various articles in peer reviewed journals and has many ongoing research projects
- Secretary, Indian Academy of Paediatrics Pathanamthitta District 2018 - 2019
- Member- European Respiratory Society
- Life Member- Indian Academy of Paediatrics
- Life Member- National Neonatology Forum
- Life Member- Indian Academy of Paediatrics Respiratory Chapter
- Life Member- Paediatric Allergy Association of India
- Proficient in English, Malayalam, Hindi and Kannada