Reproductive and Fetal Medicine
Reproductive Medicine and Fetal Medicine are two important subspecialty areas of the department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. The introduction of ultrasound and laparoscopy by obstetricians and gynaecologists in Medicine revolutionized the diagnostic and treatment modalities not only in the field of obstetrics and gynaecololgy but also was adopted quickly by colleagues in other specialties.
Reproductive medicine is the branch that tackles the problems faced by couples desirous of having a family while fetal medicine is the specialized wing of obstetrics helping the obstetrician to detect and treat abnormalities and growth related problems of the unborn child in the mother's womb (foetus).
Currently we have one of the State of the Art ultrasound machine with 3D and 4D probes in addition to the regular convex, linear and transvaginal probes. Besides the routine diagnostic scanning the following interventional procedures can also be done.
PROCEDUREFetal scanning procedures
- Routine and tertiary level ultrasound according to Fetal Medicine Foundation, UK guidelines and protocols by certified and accredited specialists.
- Targeted scan
- Growth and doppler scans
- 3D and 4D scans
- Fetal echocardiography – detailed study of the fetal heart
- First trimester ultrasound screening for chromosomal anomalies and early detection of major abnormalities.
- High risk obstetrical consultations
- Pre-pregnancy Counselling to detect abnormalities of the foetus
Fetal diagnostic and invasive procedures
- Chorionic Villous Sampling
- Cord Blood sampling
- Specialised screening for Down syndrome
- Combined NT with blood test
- Cell free fetal DNA testing on maternal blood
- Intrauterine fetal blood transfusion
- Cyst aspirations both by the abdominal and vaginal routes
- Fertility OPD -consultation on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Ultrasound Scanning - Monday to Saturday
- Diagnostic and Operative Laparoscopy
- Diagnostic and Operative hysteroscopy
- Follicular Studies
- IUI (Intrauterine insemination using husband's semen)
Reproductive Medicine procedures such as these are expected to start once construction of the ART (IVF) lab. is completed
- Conventional IVF
- Cryopreservation of embryos and husband's sperm.
Out Patient Department TimingsDr. Rekha Raichel Kuriakose
Monday to Friday
08:00 am to 04:30pm
Dr. T Koshy Cherian
Monday & Wednesday
08:00 am to 09:00 am
02:00 pm to 04:30 pm
Tuesday & Thursday
08:00 am to 04:30pm
NO OPD (24X7 Emergency Sevices)
Extension +91-469-2703100 / 101 *1043