Reproductive and Foetal Medicine
Reproductive Medicine and Foetal Medicine are two important subspecialty areas of the department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. The introduction of ultrasound and laparoscopy by obstetricians and gynaecologists in Medicine revolutionized the diagnostic and treatment modalities not only in the field of obstetrics and gynaecololgy but also was adopted quickly by colleagues in other specialties.
Reproductive medicine is the branch that tackles the problems faced by couples desirous of having a family while foetal medicine is the specialized wing of obstetrics helping the obstetrician to detect and treat abnormalities and growth related problems of the unborn child in the mother's womb (foetus).
Currently we have one of the State of the Art ultrasound machine with 3D and 4D probes in addition to the regular convex, linear and transvaginal probes. Besides the routine diagnostic scanning the following interventional procedures can also be done.
Procedures to detect abnormalities of the foetus
- Chorionic Villous Sampling
- Cyst aspirations both by the abdominal and vaginal routes
- Fertility OPD -consultation on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Ultrasound Scanning - Monday to Saturday
- Diagnostic and Operative Laparoscopy
- Diagnostic and Operative hysteroscopy
- Follicular Studies
- IUI (Intrauterine insemination using husband's semen -Expected to start within a month
Reproductive Medicine procedures such as these are expected to start once construction of the ART (IVF) lab. is completed
- Conventional IVF
- Cryopreservation of embryos and husband's sperm.
Out Patient Department Timings
MONDAY & WEDNESDAY08:00 am to 04:30 pm Ultrasound
TUESDAY & THURSDAY08:00am to 4:30PM OPD
24X7 EMERGENCY SERVICES
Dr. Rekha Rebecca Kuriakose
Monday & Wednesday
08:00 am to 04:30 pm OPD
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
08:00 am to 04:30 pm Ultrasound
Extension +91-469-3023100 *1043